~ Chapter 12 ~
As I walked to my lunch table I saw Kate sitting alone…That was weird! Oh well.
Then I saw Chris sitting with Jenny….and not with Kate, Right as I walk up jenny said hi and Chris didn’t but he did look up and nod his head, I think that’s cause he had food in his mouth.-He’s cute with his mouth full…….Stay on track Ashley!-
“Hey Jenny, Chris.” I said trying not to sound suspicious.
After Chris’s mouth was empty he said hi.
“Chris, Why aren’t you sitting with Kate? Oh yeah, How was the dance I have not asked you yet.”
“Oh about that………The dance was fine I guess, I kinda wish you were there.
It was fun till everyone started to dance and Kate wanted to dance but I can’t dance that well. I can but not in public!J
“Oh..” I said trying not to laugh. That would be rude to laugh at some one who can’t dance, When I can’t either.
“Yeah, But I think Kate and I should take a break…..”
“Oh………Is there some one else? I know its not my business, If you don’t want to tell me its OK.” I really want to know if there is some one else!! I really hope he tells me!
“Yeah I think there is some one else. But Kate was my first real girl friend and I really hope that is all……I have one girl in mind but I am not sure if she likes me, So I am just going to keep my distance cause I don’t want to make it weird between us. Oh well! But I have to go to class now so I will see you later.” He turned and walked away, I think he knew that I was watching him cause he turned and waved to me at the other end of the lunch room, Oh course my face went red so I turned my head so he could not see my face.
* * * * *
When I got home mom was watching TV in the family room and my Brother was on the computer so I thought I would hang out in my room and call Jenny or even Chris but I thought I would do my bible study and then call Jenny. So I pulled out my Bible, and started reading and just having along time. I spent an hour just reading, then my phone stared ringing so I answered it.
“Hello?”
“Hey Ash….” It was Jenny, I kinda sounded like she was in tears.
“ Jenny?” I said kinda confused, She didn’t sound happy like she usually sounded.
“ Yes, Its Jenny.”
“What’s the matter you don’t sound like yourself?”
-Now she was really crying- “Its about Nick……….He left me!! He said that I was not him type and that the only reason he “Liked” me was cause of you!” Now she was Crying SO loud that it sounded like she was on the speaker.
“Oh Jen!! I am sorry he left you…….But not to be mean but I think I warned you.” I said but now I think it would have been better if I left the last part out but it was to late.
“Yeah I know I didn’t listen to you, I am really sorry that I didn’t.”
“Its OK Jenny, I’m not mad at you, I am just mad at Nick. Don’t worry I am going to smack some sense in him tomorrow. Don’t worry everything will be OK. I promise.”
“Really? Do you really think that?” Now she sounded like she was starting to feel better.
“ I know so.”
“You know Ash, You are the BEST friend a girl could have!J” I could tell she was smiling now.
“Aw……Thanks Jenny! What if I pick your next boy friend. Maybe I could find a guy that would like you for you and not for your BFF, Ha Ha.” I bet I could find some one that really liked her that was not a jerk. I’m kinda good at it.
“That would GREAT! Or could I just have Chris?” It kinda sound like she was not kidding. I wanted to yell at her but I knew that she was in pain so I didn’t yell so loud.
“NO……….He is still mine!”
“I thought you said you didn’t like him? Oh wait….That was Nick………Oh Nick!!! I miss him!!!” Oh my gosh! She started to cry again!
“Jenny!!! Calm yourself!! Please!! Goodness.”*Sigh*
“Ok I think I am OK now…..”She took a deep breath then I think she was all better.
-Finally-
“OK Jenny I have to go but I will see you tomorrow.”
“OK I will be there! Later!” Jenny said as she hung up.
Now it was just me and myself in my room. I am going to give Nick a piece of my mind!! He is gong to pay for what he did to Jenny!
Oklahoma
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment