~Chapter 14~
Saturday is finally here.
Chris is coming over to day! What am I going to wear!! Wow I never thought I would ever say that, Oh well. I went over to my closet and started pulling out things. I pulled out a green long sleeve shirt and a pear of skinny jeans and put them out on my bed and stood back to see if I liked it. why do I have a green shirt? I don’t like the color green! And the jeans would be over doing it I think. So I stomped over to my closet and pulled out a baby blue shirt long sleeve shirt and a pear of regular jeans and a long necklace and put them on my bed and stood back, again. I liked this outfit, so I got dresses and then started to work on my hair and my make up. About an hour later I was done! YES!! I am done! I still have to get breakfast! I looked at the clock and it said 12:19. Great! I guess I will get Lunch instead! I went down the stairs, Mom was sitting at the table right now eating lunch and reading the news paper. What’s mom doing home now? “Mom? What are you doing home? Its Saturday and I am pretty sure the hospital is still open, so why are you not there?”
“Well good morning to you too, Before I answer that question answer mine, Why are you so……Is some one coming over?”
“Oh…..Yeah Chris is coming over and we are going to go to his place and study and just hang out. Why?”
“You look…..Like your not my little girl anymore.” It kinda looked like she was going to cry. “Oh…….Well I answered your question so will you answer mine?
“Oh, Right! I am here cause I got a day off. Oh yeah I have some thing to tell you. And you can’t be mad or storm out. Got it!” She laughed and then was serious again.
“Sure mom what’s up?” I made a sandwich and sat down across from her. She took a beep breath. “OK, At the hospital I have a partner and hes a great doctor and he asked me out to dinner tonight and I said yes…..” I think she was waiting for me to be mad so she cringed think she was waiting for me to blow up. But I am happy for her!
“Oh my gosh!! That’s GREAT!!! Now I we both have a boyfriend…Well kinda boyfriend for me…He still has not asked me out but tonight I am going to tell him the way I fell about him.” She looked shocked, Her mouth was wide open. “Mom you could catch bugs if you keep your mouth open like that.” I laughed and took a bite out of my lunch.“Wait….You Ok with this?”
‘Yeah what even makes you happy makes me happy! And its good to hear that you are back in the game. There is just one thing you have to do for me.”
“OK what’s that?”
“Let me meet him when he comes and picks you up.”
“Sure! OK he will be here at 4, He said that we are going to see a movie and then go to ‘The Show Case’.”
“Oh my gosh!! The Show Case!! That’s a very fancy place! One thing on the menu would take a month to pay it off!! Man!!”
“WoW!! Really?” She was surprised to hear that. Her mouth was open again.
“You are going to have to tell me everything when you get home!”
Her mouth close and she tried to talk but it was like she could not remember how to talk.
“Abbsdl…” I laughed so hard I started to cry.
Still laughing “Mom are you OK? Try saying it one more time but this time with words!”
She laughed and tried again. “Ok…I will tell you about it when you get home tonight. Oh yeah when is Chris picking you up?”
“Oh he’s not picking me up I am driving.”
“OK so what time are you heading over there?”
“He is going to call me or txt me.”
“Oh….OK……”I am going to get ready. Would you like to help me pick some thing out?
What’s with mom she’s never asked me to help pick out what she is going to wear!
“Sure! Can I do your hair!? Or am I pushing my luck?” She smiled.
“OK but I am going to pick out the style!”
“SWEET!! Lets go!!” We went up the stairs and in her bath room, I started pulling out hair stuff and getting her strainer and curler heating up.
“Ashley, Come and help me pick some thing to wear!” So walked into her closet. I think every time I come in her closet it gets bigger and bigger!
“OK lets get started!! Hum……..” I pulled out a purple dress and set it on the bed while mom got her shoes, necklaces and ear rings out and in. But I didn’t like the way it looked
When she put it on so I went back to the closet and pulled out 3 more dresses and none of them looked right but finally I pulled out a hot pink sun dress, That was the one!
I never thought I would ever think that my mom was “Hot” In my life!J
“Ring” “Ring” Went my phone at about 3:30. “Hello?” I answered hoping it was Chris…It was! Yey!! “Hey Ashley! You can come over now I have all my books out and mom is finally home from getting her hair done!”
“OK sounds good but my Mom is having a date and I kinda would like to meet him so could I come over after I meet him?” I really hope I am not hurting his feelings.
“No problem! I would like to hear more about this “date” when you come over.” It sounded like he was smiling right now.
I laughed and then sighed. “OK. I will see in about on hour! Bye!” I hung up the phone and told mom what I was planning on doing then when on my laptop and checked my “Myface” Jenny was on but for some reason she didn’t talk to me, But it really didn’t bother me. By the time I was done checking “Myface” Mom’s “date” Was here!
The door bell rang and I went running down the stairs and mom was about to open the door. “Mom!! No I am going to open the door! I am the one meeting him and then I got to get going, Chris is excepting me soon.” I nudged mom away from the door and opened the door and saw a tallish guy with dark drown hair and soft brown eyes, Wearing a black shirt and black pants with a………Pink[?] Tie!! He matches mom!! How cool is that!
“Hi there, You must me Ashley [ I nodded, I was still lost in his soft brown eyes] I’m Jeffry but you can call me Jeff.” He smiled and waited for me to answer.
‘Oh…OK nice to meat you Jeff. Come on in” We walked over to the stairs where mom was standing she looked at me and winked. Jeff didn’t see hopefully.
“OK Grace are you ready to go?” He said with a smile.
Oklahoma
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment