~Chapter 10~
When I got home that’s when I think it really hit me that we were never going to be,
I think when he said we were only to be fiends it felt like my heart broke in to. I know that I was the one who said that but when he said it hurt more. So I thought I would call Jenny and see what she had to say. Ring……Ring. “Hello?”
“Hey Jenny Its Ashley.”
“Oh hey what’s up?”
“Nothing much its just that I am going crazy!” I said almost in tears.
“Oh hun! Its OK! Wait……Why are you going “Crazy?” Jenny said sounding like she was trying not to laugh.
“Its Chris! He has a girl- And he is taking her to the dance!…….” I could not even say girl and friend in the same sentence.
“Oh…….Yeah about that….I am Very sorry but he can’t wait forever. You know that.”
“Yeah I know but if he could not wait for me then I guess we were not to be…”It really hurt to say that, The thing that I didn’t get was we were just friends! We were nothing…Just really good friends! Why did it hurt?….Did I love him?
“Ash….Are you still there?” Jenny said. While sighing.
“Yeah I am here…I have a question…”I said really wishing that I didn’t say it.
“Sure Ash. What’s the question.” Said Jenny. She really did sound concerned. Cause I was always there when she needed me so I guess she was just trying to return the favor. “OK, Do you think I………I loved him?I said REALLY wish that I had just kept it to myself. There was a about 20 seconds or weird silence then she finally spoke.
“Oh Ashley!! I really didn’t want to say anything but yes I think you do love him!
The way you look at him. Its like hes the only guy in the world, You don’t even look at other guys……I am not saying that you should but Yes I think you do!” Jenny said Sounding like that she was wishing that she didn’t say it but I know she had to.
“Oh Jenny!! I think your right!! I do……..Love……Him!” I said while in tears.
“Oh Honey! I wish I could be there in person, But I am with Nick right now, I think he is kinda getting upset cause we are with him Mom and Dad, So I will see you tomorrow!!”
“Wait Jenny!! I am going to tell Chris the way I feel tomorrow! Do you think I should?”
“Eh………I think it would best to, So yes! Good luck Girly! Bye! ! Jenny said,
I knew what I needed to do!
Monday at school he was not there. Where was he? Was he sick? Go on a trip? So I thought I would ask Kate casue I asked Jenny and she said she didn’t know, I even asked Nick and he said he didn’t care………So I finally found Kate.
“Hey Kate! Do you know where Chris is?”
“Yeah, He went some missions trip with his church, I am kinda surprised that he didn’t tell you! You guys are Best Friends.” said Kate, It kinda sounded a little jealous.
“Oh…..No he didn’t tell me…..That’s weird but thanks! Oh yeah do you know when he will be back?”
“Yeah! He will be back next Monday!” She sounded very excited about that.
“ Thanks! Bye!” I had to go to English now but what was I going to do this week with out him? Maybe I could txt him or call him….Wait probably its not the best idea.
So I walked to class by myself It felt that I was about to cry but I knew that I wouldn’t , I hope! The day passed really slow. But the week was worse! It felt that every minute was an hour and ever hour was a day! So on Wednesday I went to church and talked to the pastor, But he was not very good help he just said that I should pray about it and read my Bible a bit more! So I was going to do it and maybe get some answers!
Oklahoma
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment